Things are shifting and they’re shifting for the better. With a collective optimism for healthier relationships with the environment, personal health and animal rights, conventional industry trends have been challenged. Consumers are increasingly following the advice of the new Canada Food Guide, which highlights the nutritional benefits of protein sources like nuts, beans, legumes, pulses and tofu in place of meat, eggs, fish and dairy products. These eating habits are expected to stick, with a recent report anticipating that up to 60 per cent of “meat” may come from non-animal sources by the year 2040.
The fee is $25,000 for your first franchise and $12,500 for any additional approved franchises.
Royalties are 5% of gross sales, and the national marketing fund contribution is 3% of gross sales. You are also required to spend 3% of gross sales on local advertisement.
The total investments to open a new Seeds restaurant can vary from $119.900 to $351,500 depending on a number of factors, including the size of the restaurant, location, and the amount of tenant improvement allowances provided by the landlord. This amount includes the initial franchisee fee, leasehold improvements, equipment, inventory, grand opening promotion, legal, accounting, insurance, working capital, and miscellaneous start-up items.
Estimate Investment Low Amount High Amount
|Initial Franchise Fee||$25,000.00||$25,000.00|
|Rent 3 Months||$9,000.00||$24,000.00|
|Business Licenses and Permits||$2,000.00||$3,000.00|
|Design, engineering & architectural plans||$3,000.00||$15,000.00|
|Construction and Leasehold Improvements||$20,000.00||$150,000.00|
|Furniture, Office Equipment & Supplies, Software||$2,000.00||$12,500.00|
|Point Of Sale Computer System||$2,000.00||$5,000.00|
|Marketing & Marketing Fee (3 months)||$8,000.00||$30,000.00|
|Travel & Living Expenses While Attending Initial Training||$2,500.00||$20.000.00|
|Opening Inventory of Supplies||$1,000.00||$7,000.00|
|Additional Funds (3 months)||$3,000.00||$30,000.00|
|Construction Supervision||5% of total construction||5% of total construction|
|Estimated Initial Investment||$119,900.00||$351,500.00|
Unfortunately at this time, we do not provide financing for any items.
- Center Criteria: Strong anchored centers or high visibility convenience centers that offer strong retail synergy
- Demographics (est. 2 mile radius): 30,000 minimum population; $65,000 median income; 15,000 workplace population; median age 40 and below; household size of 2.5+
- Size requirements: We suggest between 900 and 1,200 square feet. Kiosks and convenience store, or express models can be as small as 200 square feet and will require additional storage space.
- Activity: Strong activities such as schools, theaters, parks, childcare, hospitals, sport facilities, shopping malls, business centers street/pedestrian, busy traffic areas, college campuses, urban & downtown locations, food courts in airports and hospitals: 500+ sq ft
- Location: High visibility to street and center traffic; at least 30 parking stalls near space; at least four points of access to center; ability to maximize Seeds restaurant franchise signage
The Franchiser’s employees, salespeople, and Development Agents are not permitted to furnish any information concerning actual or potential sales or profits. Actual results vary from restaurant to restaurant so we cannot estimate the results of any particular franchise.
Nope, no experience needed but you shoud have:
- A good attitude
- An exceptional work ethic
- An entrepreneurial mind set
- Want to be your own boss and lead a successful team
- Appreciate the benefits of working on a team and within a proven operating system
- Share our beliefs about the importance of healthy and nutritional foods
- Are familiar with, and involved in, the community where the restaurant is located
- Will actively work in and manage the restaurant
- Have access to the funds to invest in the business.
We will assist you through the entire start-up process and train you to operate your restaurant using our proven operating system. If you just follow our lead, work hard and take outstanding care of your customers, you’ll guarantee your own success.
The experienced franchise support team will visit you on-site and is also available by phone and email. We provide continual support through business consulting, marketing and product development, beginning with a grand-opening marketing plan tailored for your store. Additionally, we leverage national marketing programs and provide guidance on local store marketing to help you promote your store and attract customers.
We offer single and multi-unit franchise opportunities. The multi-unit opportunity enables entrepreneurs to own and operate two or more stores in a particular territory.
We award master franchises in select international markets to qualified entrepreneurs or companies with significant resources and business experience in their countries.
Yes, We strongly suggest that at least one investor/owner works full-time on premise as the operator. This is especially critical in the first six months as the business builds its customer base.
Our Real Estate team will travel to your market for an in depth real estate analysis within 60 days. Your first restaurant will generally open within 8-12 months of signing your franchise agreements. That said, if you have real estate already identified, that timeline is greatly reduced.
A. The initial term of the franchise agreement is 10 years, with a 10-year renewal option.
A protected territory is given to every traditional location.
Fill out our form to download our free Franchise guide.